How to Set Up a Speargun
Rigging a Slip Tip
This setup prevents the slide ring from going to the end of the cable and holding the slip tip on the adapter. It also prevents the slid ring from moving down the shaft and ending on the track portion of the gun.
- Use Teflon tape to cover the threads.
- Wrap a few layers of electrical tape about 2 inches from the threads.
- Put the slide ring on the shaft.
- Screw down the slip tip adapter.
Loading a Slip Tip
The photo gallery on the right accompanies these instructions:
- Load the bands first.
- Seat the slip tip on the male adapter.
- Take the end of the cable or Spectra and pull it between the outer two bands until it is snug and holding the slip tip on the adapter.
- Pull the end of the cable or spectra back through the bands so that there is only a short section of cable or spectra between the bands. This prevents band abrasion when the shaft is fired.